Stealth Pro Keyboard
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pair the Stealth Pro keyboard with my Android tablet?
- How do I pair the Stealth Pro keyboard with my Apple iOS device?
- How do I pair the Stealth Pro keyboard with my Windows 8 tablet?
- What passcode do I use if my Windows 8 tablet isn't displaying one?
- I get the message "Setup incomplete because of metered connection"?
- How long will the keyboard's battery charge last?
- How do I tell if my keyboard needs to be recharged?
- How do I recharge my Stealth Pro keyboard?
- How do I wake the keyboard from standby mode?
- If I have a backlight keyboard, how do I change the backlight colors?
- Why won't the backlight on my keyboard come on?
- The keyboard is paired but not typing, what now?
- How can I contact M-Edge Accessories?
How do I pair the Stealth Pro keyboard with my Android tablet?
- Turn the M-Edge keyboard on.
- On the tablet: Tap the menu icon (looks like a grid of stacked squares). Tap Settings. Tap Bluetooth. Tap the field next to Bluetooth to select ON. Make sure that your Android tablet is visible/discoverable to other devices (this option would be just below the Bluetooth on/off control). Tap Scan for devices.
- On the M-Edge keyboard: Press the Connect button (located next to the Power switch).
- On the tablet: Under Available Devices you should see "Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard", tap on it when it appears. A passcode will be displayed on the screen.
- On the M-Edge keyboard: Type in the displayed passcode and press the Enter key.
- On the tablet: Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard should now be displayed under Paired Devices.
How do I pair the Stealth Pro keyboard with my Apple iOS device?
- On the M-Edge keyboard: Turn on the keyboard.
- On the iPad/iPhone: Tap on Settings. Tap on Bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth on.
- On the M-Edge keyboard: Press the Connect button (located next to the Power switch).
- On the iPad/iPhone: Once "Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard" appears under devices tap on it (you should then be given a 4 digit code).
- On the M-Edge keyboard: Enter the 4 digit code on the keyboard and press the Enter key.
How do I pair the Stealth Pro keyboard with my Windows 8 tablet?
- On the M-Edge keyboard: Turn the power on.
- On your tablet: From the Start screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap on Settings. Tap on Change PC Settings. Tap on Devices. Tap on Add a Device.
- On the M-Edge keyboard: Press the Connect button (located near the power switch).
- On your tablet: When "Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard" appears in the list of available devices, tap on it. A numeric passcode should be displayed on the screen, quickly type that code into the M-Edge keyboard and hit the Enter key. (Note: Windows does not give much time to enter the code, so please type it in right away.) The devices should now be paired.
What passcode do I use if my Windows 8 tablet isn't displaying one?
Our keyboards are designed to generate a new random passcode every time a pairing attempt is made. However, Windows tablets tend to assume that the same passcode will be used each time and they do not give you much time to type the passcode in before timing out the pairing attempt. To get the tablet to display a new passcode, please follow these steps:
- When the tablet is prompting you to enter the passcode you should see a sentence just below the textbox that says, "Or try entering a passcode on it." Tap on that sentence.
- You should then be given a message that the attempt to pair was unsuccessful and to try again. Close out this message if it does not disappear on its own.
- Tap on Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard, under available devices, select the option to Pair (if given the choice).
- A new passcode should be displayed on the screen, quickly type that code into the M-Edge keyboard and hit the Enter key. (Note: Windows does not give much time to enter the code, so please type it in right away.)
- The tablet should now indicate that the keyboard is paired/connected.
I get the message "Setup incomplete because of metered connection"?
Some internet providers charge based on the amount of data you use. In order for them to know how much you have used they have you set up with a metered internet connection. If you go over your data quota for the month they may either charge you extra (sometimes a lot) or slow down your connection speed. Your Windows tablet has a setting to help you avoid data overages. The first time you try to pair our keyboard with your tablet a device driver will need to be downloaded (automatic part of the pairing process) so you get this error message you will need to temporarily disable this setting.
- Swipe in from the right edge of your Windows 8 tablet's screen
- Tap Settings
- Tap Change PC settings
- Tap PC and devices
- Tap Devices
- Tap the toggle under Download over metered connections to allow this option
Once you've finished pairing the keyboard with your tablet you can turn this setting off to avoid unexpected charges when you're on a metered network.
How long will the keyboard's battery charge last?
The Stealth Pro keyboard is designed to go into standby mode after 15 minutes of inactivity. A fully charged keyboard will give approximately 100 days of standby time or up to 100 hours of typing time before it will need to be recharged.
How do I tell if my keyboard needs to be recharged?
When the battery in the Stealth Pro keyboard needs to be recharged the LED indicator light will begin to blink.
How do I recharge my Stealth Pro keyboard?
Using the cable that came with your Stealth Pro keyboard case, plug the micro USB end into the port on the keyboard and then plug the regular USB end into any standard USB port on a computer (desktop or laptop) or a wall charger brick such as those that come with many mobile devices like iPhones, iPads, Kindles, Nooks, etc. While charging, a red LED indicator light will come on above the word Charge on the keyboard. Once the battery is fully charged the indicator light will go out.
How do I wake the keyboard from standby mode?
The Stealth Pro keyboard is designed to go into standby mode after 15 minutes of inactivity. To wake the keyboard from standby mode press any key, such as the space bar, and wait 3 seconds before typing.
Please note: DO NOT press the Connect button to wake the keyboard, doing this will cause the keyboard to try to re-pair and will stop it from functioning for 3-4 minutes.
If I have a backlight keyboard, how do I change the backlight colors?
The keyboard will get brighter when the lightbulb key is pressed a second time and turn off on the third press. To toggle through the available LED colors, turn on the back light and then press the light bulb key at the same time as either the up or the down arrow key.
Why won't the backlight on my keyboard come on?
Backlight keyboards are currently available exclusively through T-Mobile stores. If your keyboard does not have a lightbulb key toward the bottom right, your keyboard does not include the backlight feature. The backlight keyboard must first be paired with a tablet before the backlight will work, and it must be fully charged. The light will come on when the light bulb key is pressed. If this does not work, you may also need to press the Function (Fn) key and the lightbulb key to turn the backlight on.
The keyboard is paired but not typing, what now?
Bluetooth connections can be a little finicky sometimes and may initially require more than one attempt to pair the devices to get a working connection. If the keyboard is currently paired to your tablet but the tablet is not receiving any input from the keyboard, please try unpairing the keyboard, then turn off both the keyboard and Bluetooth on the tablet and then try the pairing process again.
Although our keyboard is designed to work with as many devices as possible, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all devices. Some tablets will allow the keyboard to pair/connect but then will not accept input from the keyboard (won't type). If you have tried pairing and unpairing a couple of times and the keyboard is still not working then it is likely that the keyboard is just not compatible with your tablet.
Tablets that are not compatible with the Stealth Pro keyboard include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- HP Slate tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, 8.4" only (all other sizes compatible)
- Nook HD+
- Acer Iconia Tab A200
- Asus MeMO Pad FHD 10
- Tablets without Bluetooth
How can I contact M-Edge Accessories?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our products or your order, we can be contacted via email or telephone. To contact us via email please visit http://www.medgestore.com/about/contact/.